Submitted: 06-10-2014 by Pete

Here is an update to my earlier review. As I suspected the two storage compartments are neither watertight and the clear plastic, molded plug leaks, allowing water to enter the hull. I sealed the plugs with high grade silicone. no more leaks. So, my wife and I went for another trip. With the scupper holes securely inserted, with paddled upwind. No problems whatsoever. BUT then, coming home with the wind, water entered my seat area to about 4". How does it get there. The cut-out in the back where the carry handle is fastened is way too low on an already low deck height. The only solution is me riding in the front trying to keep the stern as high as possible. I say it again, a bad design all around, but I guess at the price you cannot complain. The next step is to build up (plug) that opening in the back which will raise the overall deck height at the stern.
Stay tuned...