Submitted: 06-06-2014 by tvcrider
I had an opportunity to recently demo Lendal's new Storm paddle, in both the straight and crankshaft, at The River Connection on the mighty Hudson River.

It's a wonderful paddle and feels like an extension of one's upper body. I believe it is the lightest paddle I have ever used, yet the lay-up feels quite robust. My current paddle is a Werner Cyprus, which is a nice blade, however, I find the flutter that that Cyprus generates to be an annoyance. I found the Storm's blade entry to be quiet and there is NO flutter!

The Storm's dihedral blade made some strokes, that I occasionally struggle with, simply effortless (e.g. draw with in-water recovery). The Storm has very positive indexing for proper hand placement and it's easy to adjust the feather with Lendal's Pad-Lock system.

The crank version of the shaft is the first bent-shaft I have found acceptable for my personal style of paddling: high angle; Ben Lawry and Marshall Seddon coached, etc.

There will be one of the Storm's in my future. I just need to chose whether I want to stick with a straight shaft or go with a the crank, both would work for me.