Submitted: 05-27-2014 by Badpenny

I have owned my L12 for 35 years now. I originally bought it to fish for small mouth in the White River north of Indianapolis. I used it for that with 2hp Johnson several times and it worked out great. However we moved to the country shortly after I purchased it and I altered it to make it more pond and lake friendly. I cut a rectangular hole in the rear of the stern seat large enough to holed a trolling motor battery. I then fabricated an aluminum box with a lid to hold the battery. I put flanges on the box at the point where when they were setting the seat the bottom of the box was resting on the inside of the keel. I then pop riveted the flanges to the seat. Then I fabricated an aluminum bracket that bolts to the left side of the of box that protrudes above the seat. This bracket also bolts to the gunwale and holds the trolling motor. I have a 48 qrt Gott cooler that I put behind the front seat and in front of the center thwart. When filled 3\4 full of water the boat is trimmed perfectly and I have a nice live well. I can even put the Johnson outboard on the stern. This makes a very nice rig for ponds and small lakes, and it all fits in the back of my pickup.