Submitted: 05-22-2014 by Ben-Jamin Toy

I am an ACA certified kayak guide and trip leader, as well as avid adventurer. I really enjoy paddling in a Folbot Cooper kayak. Being able to keep in in my trunk and be ready for adventure on a whim is really important to me, and I have gotten assembly down to just shy of 15 minutes!

The sleek design allows for great speed, especially compared with the Tsunamis I had been used too. But that doesn't compromise stability which I had feared at the beginning. I am able to edge with confidence and trust the integrity of the frame and skin.

I recently spent 3 days and 55 miles in my Cooper during an expedition. I had all kinds of gear for the trip and the seals and waterproofness was amazing, above expectations. But the thing that truly impressed me was being able to handle it fully loaded down a winding blackwater river. I'm still always going to be leary of oysters, but that's a concern for fiberglass boats as well.