Submitted: 05-19-2014 by Rusty

My wife and I are avid campers/explorers. We like to get away from the places everyone else goes. We have paddled different hard shell boats on the ocean lakes and rivers. We got our AE convertible for a boat camping trip on lake Powell. We wanted a tandem kayak for getting back into the slot canyons but mounting a big hard shell on top of a 19'runabout was just not practical. The AE convertible fit our requirements perfectly.

We have had our boat nearly a decade now and have used it to explore rivers lakes and wetlands throughout the southwest. It never disappoints. This boat performs almost as well as a similar length hard shell. If I added the new drop stitch floor I am not sure I would be able to tell the difference between this boat and a hard shell. If I had a complaint it would be cargo space. The Airframe uses up space that could otherwise store cargo. This is the trade off for compact portability.

I do not feel we made a compromise in buying this boat, it is ideal for our purposes. I have nothing but confidence in its reliability, the thing is TOUGH. I would not hesitate to get another, although this boat will likely outlive me.