Submitted: 05-19-2014 by Jamie

I've owned a Loon III since 2003 and it has served me extremely well over the years in many different types of environment, from inshore bays, to large open lakes and tiny streams. It is a very durable, simple and practical design. Unlike many fancy 'show pony' yaks around these days, this is a real working yak, that I have dished out a lot of hard punishment to over the years and while it may not be perfect in every way, it's a lot better than most other small sit in yaks that I've seen or paddled.

Now though it is getting old and worn out, so I have tried to find another new yak to replace it with. Unfortunately the Loon III is no longer imported into Australia and so after extensive research I just purchased a Pungo 120. To be honest, what a piece of over rated garbage. World leading seat design? Poorly designed and made. The very simple Loon seat is ten times more practical.