Submitted: 05-14-2014 by Rob

I bought this kayak after the bow of my Delta Twelve-10 split open after a slip off the car rack. The Elie Strait is simply the best kayak for the length (14') and money ($830 shipped) I could ever ask for. I've owned six kayaks, and this is the best one yet. The material is tough as nails (the reason I bought it after the Delta debacle!).

What is most amazing, however, is the spritely way the boat handles. It tracks very well, cruises and responds to wind and waves exceptionally, yet turns on a dime. If you can paddle at all, there is no need to buy this kayak with a rudder, since it is so nimble. The hatches are easy to open and shut, and the seat is by far the most comfortable one I've ever sat in/on! Each time I paddle I pinch myself to believe I bought such a good kayak for such a reasonable price!
The brothers Elie should be commended for producing such a fine boat.