Submitted: 05-14-2014 by JCorr
I bought this stick used. The thing is LIGHT. They cut the loom in half and bore it out, then scarf it back together. As a result this paddle is lighter than my other paddle, the AquaBound Stingray Carbon. After a full day of paddling with my new Cricket Inuit, I pulled out my other paddle to practice rescues. I was surprised by how much heavier the carbon fiber paddle was, and how much more cumbersome the hybrid paddle blade was.

The entire stick is covered with what appears to be 2oz fiberglass. The ends have what appears to be an epoxy tip. Combined with the five or so later laminate, and the scarfed joint in the loom (that is extremely long = strong) this is a beautiful and resilient stick.

The stick is slightly cambered. It's like a bow, so you do have to hold it with a certain orientation to make it work without *plunking.* This is my only gripe with the thing. I would prefer a symmetrical stick. However, it is not a big deal.