Submitted: 05-13-2014 by danyankee
Material: Kevlar Ultra light
This might be my favorite solo. It is a fast, straight tracking rocket. Best used on lakes and slow moving rivers. Not sure I'd try in whitewater, since I've got other boats for that. But if you want to be in the fastest boat in your group, this is the one. It'll also carry a small to medium sized load, so you can use it for tripping. Paddles well with a single blade and minimal J-strokes to stay straight. It likes to go straight. You can also paddle it easy with a double blade paddle like a kayak and it really moves. Good initial stability and great final stability up to the tumblehome. It's low profile makes it better in the wind than most.

This is a super light boat in this layup. Probably right around 30 pounds. It's super easy to pick up and load on the car all by myself. While not a key point when I look for a canoe, this is a beautiful boat. Super sleek. It looks fast, even when it's not moving. Of all my canoes, this is probably the one I'd keep if I could only keep one.