Submitted: 05-05-2014 by Rikjohnson
Although the trailer is excellent, I DID have issues with registering the thing which took 4 months!!!
Part of it was that I had purchased the trailer from a company in Vermont (I could not find a local dealer). And although Malone sent the trailer Fed-Ex for free from their factory, the seller failed to meet Arizona registration requirements. Talking to them on the phone (not Malone, their sub-contract dealer) and asking them to actually notarize the title and put their dealer number on the title elicited the response "I've never heard of that, Arizona is stupid!" Again, this comment was from the dealer, not Malone!

So I would take the papers to the ADOT, be told that I needed 'x', 'y' and 'z', then I'd call Vermont and fight with them to get them to meet AZ rules (If you sell to AZ, you should meet AZ laws), then wait a month, then back to ADOT to learn that the dealer neglected to read and follow the instruction letter sent by ADOT. 4 months of this and I finally got the holes plugged.

In the meantime, ADOT changed their rules at least three times:
- January, no inspection needed for new trailers if I had a photo of the trailer. I showed them the one off the internet and they were happy.
- February, all trailers need to be inspected. Also the title needs the name and occupational title of the actual person who signed the title.
- March, you only need inspection of you, the owner, feels that the trailer needs an inspection??????
- April 22, yes, I need inspection.
- April 23, no, you do not need an inspection for a boat trailer.

So, here is my advice.
When you buy the trailer, and I strongly recommend this trailer, check with your local Motor Vehicle Division (whatever they call it) and get details on your local registration requirements.
THEN, when you buy the trailer from an out-of-state dealer, explain your local requirements and have them meet your local laws so you can save months of fighting.

Finally, Dee, the woman who recommended the Microsport, brought her Microsport to the lake last weekend. She showed me her own mods, some good and some bad. Fearing that the plastic license plate would break free, she moved the plate to the center of the trailer AWAY from the trailer light. With no light on the plate, any night driving will generate a traffic ticket. I solved that problem by buying a used metal plate holder and tossing the plastic one.
She said that she DID wish that she had run her wires through a hose as did I. Vibration, shaking, etc caused her wires to move around and rub the insulation off, resulting in a short. Dee purchased the removable box option and leaves it home for fear it will be stolen. My bolting my own box to the frame was a thought she liked.

Please contact me with your own comments, thoughts and suggestions