Submitted: 04-24-2014 by damon216
Purchased the Zephyr 15.5 online from Appomattox River Shop (Virginia to Ohio) Great service and fast shipping! I have the kayak out on 3 outings. First was a 4 hour paddle on a calm lake with winds around 10kots. Huge difference between skeg up and down. Turns great and love what the rocker does for handling. I noticed the boat turns to Right-Lee Helm (away from the wind) in wind. On my second trip I noticed the boat tends to the right even when not paddling... just coasting.

I do need to mention I felt very stable in 2foot chop and 15knot wind. On my last trip in more calm wind I noticed the right turning even more exaggerated.... I am not sure if I am leaning and inadvertently carving the boat to the right but I am going to test on another calm day and hope that I don't need a trip to a dealer. Still, I give this a 10 for handling and design. I think it'll be a great weekend camper as well.