Submitted: 04-17-2014 by 96er

I had written a Twist 2 review on 02-19-2013. Sadly the Twist 2 has died. It was brilliant right up until death - handled well throughout, never bled air and survived getting whacked by a big sting ray. It got done however via a 40 centimetre slice along the bottom from a oyster which cut through to the EPDM layer of the overall HEVEALON. It did not blow out on water (so pretty good really) I inflated it the next day and blew then. That was a stupid move on my part. It did however expose me to an interesting issue with this kayak - no spare repair material available for HEVEALON.

Being a decent cut, I took it to a inflatable boat repair person. They could not repair HEVEALON unless I can secure some compatible patches. A search for such material on the web yields a barren result. I have disposed of the Twist 2 now. I could have chased up some of the old inflatable bed material as that seemed similar to HEVEALON. So if you are thinking of one then have a look around first for the availability a HEVEALON repair kit.

I found that NITRILON (what the other Innova/Gumotex boats are made of) can be fixed from significant damage at inflatable boat repair shops. A Helios resumes the Twists role now.