Submitted: 04-15-2014 by Trevor C

I picked up a used Dirigo 140 (2006 model maybe) a couple of weeks ago for $500 with a paddle and a few accessories and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! I am 6'7" and almost 300lbs so finding the right boat at the right price was difficult, but I'm glad I didn't settle for less.

I took this baby out yesterday on the Susquehanna and paddled 4-5 miles into 15mph wind with some decent chop and was amazed how well it handled. Even packed with all my gear (fishing rod, tackle box. backpack, cooler, roof rack, and spray skirts) I still had the whole bow of the boat free to strap down more stuff!

While you can't expect this tank to glide through the water like a the skinny touring that it is not, it moves along very well considering all the weight its carrying along. Tracks well, incredibly stable, and very roomy, all I could ask for in my first kayak!