Submitted: 12-17-2000 by Mike

I also echo the sentiments of the previous reviews. I had owned a wide, flat bottom Merrimack canoe years ago, and wanted to get another canoe to use for fishing and general paddling as my kids grow. I almost bought the fisherman model, but the Wenonah rep at a canoe show talked me into the Saranac and I've been very happy with it. It paddles extremely well. It is not as stable as the fisherman type models, but I haven't had any problems getting used to that - the secondary stability is still very good. It has excellent glide - that was the first thing I noticed when I took it out. I couldn't beleive how well it paddles. I agree with the previous reviewer that Wenonah sells this canoe short calling it a "utility" canoe. Anyone looking for a nice, easy paddling recreational canoe that paddles well should consider the Saranac. It cartops easily, even by myself. The lightness was another factor that had made me lean towards this model, since I have to get it up on the car myself most of the time. A very good choice for fishing and recreational paddling!

YakClips: