Submitted: 04-07-2014 by RichAdams

I have owned my once previously owned Sirius for two years. It was built in 2001 but aside from normal hull wear it looks new and has stood years of paddling both from previous owner and myself.

Most reviews I've read have commented on the "twitchy" initial feeling which is somewhat true but doesn't last long with some practice. I got this boat to challenge my ability to become a better paddler which I think it has. This boat will pretty much perform whatever you want it too if you have the confidence to challenge yourself.

I also like to push my distance paddling and this boat will eat up miles. It has a skeg but truthfully, I've never used it. It tracks great and I'd prefer to use whatever skills I've developed to negotiate changes in weather. Finally, yes, it's a small paddler's fit but it has the most comfortable seat of any boat I've had. I've been in this boat for up to 4 hours without having to get out.