Submitted: 12-16-2000 by rp401k
We owned this canoe for one season and were very happy with its performance. We used it exclusively on quiet, and sometimes very shallow, small lakes and rivers. It is very durable. It tracks reasonably well. It can move quickly, although it takes some effort. I found it very easy to maneuver, even with opposing wind. I mainly went with my 9 year old son in the bow. I added about 50 lbs directly behind him to improve steering. It made a big difference. A couple of times I went solo, sitting backwards in the bow, with about 100 lbs. in the opposite end. It worked fine. The boat has very good secondary stability as we found while reentering during some tricky portages. It also has great capacity (we once went with 4 people including 2 kids). The boat is heavy, but I found it quite managable during shorter portages. Overall, I would rate it as very good. It does many things reasonably well.