Submitted: 04-03-2014 by JohnEd
I sold my Loon to a friend since I use a Monarch (Verlin Kruger solo canoe) but would not hesitate to buy it back. Other than the Kruger, I can't think of a better multi-use boat design than the Loon. It is stable, roomy, easy to get in and out of and carry all sort of stuff from camping and fishing gear (actually use the gear while in the boat).

The Loon is fantastic for totin' kids, dogs just about anything you need yet still is very maneuverable and moderately fast. The Loon tracks well, stable, and very forgiving. Hull is stiff, rugged, hold the colour well, has an adequate amount of deck tie points, a nifty paddle bungee on the side. The seat is adjustable fore and aft for balance and has an adjustable lumbar support. I've at times, pulled the seat completely out and used a low camp chair for comfort.

This long Loon design is built more like a decked solo canoe, think station wagon... It is not the fastest nor sleekest but by far the most practical design for creeks, shallows and flat water, therefor one of the best overall designs for 98% of water play. I highly recommend this boat and would buy another just for a loaner for newbies to the sport.