Submitted: 04-02-2014 by R.D.F.

Where do I start. Sometimes you have to go back to the basics. I mean it's easy to get caught up in the newest and latest kayak or canoe but I went back to a aluminum canoe the S-13 Meyers Sportspal.

I looked at this canoe for fishing for years and finally bought the canoe in Feb. 2014... I have a fishing kayak but I just want the room and freedom this canoe gives. Getting older and wanting to camp helps with making this decision. Now the canoe is bigger in person then expected and build beautiful. It has plenty of room for whatever you want to do with it and handles solid but like the family sedan. Meaning the younger ones will borrow the kayak over the canoe.

At 57 lbs it's lighter then most of the so called fishing kayaks and can be handle quite easily. I hope you research this canoe more and you will fine its a great all around canoe.