Submitted: 04-02-2014 by MacChristen
I've had my XP-10 for a little over two years now. The number one reason I got it is because I'm a big guy. At 6'4" and 285 lbs. it's hard to find gear of any kind made to fit. The XP-10 fits like my favorite pair of work jeans.

First off the design is a hybrid. With skeg down it tracks like a dream and with it up the kayak turns on a dime. In fact it banks and turns almost too easy. It doesn't feel like a large boat making it a great whitewater kayak. It's not meant to be a creek boat but when it come to running big water you couldn't ask for better. I've paddled the everything from the easy flow of the Little River as it comes out of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Nantahala and Ocoee rivers. I've even done some ocean kayaking just off the Outer Banks last year just as a storm was blowing in. The kayak performed like a dream.

The cargo hatch in the rear is solid tight and dry and extremely easy to get into to. The hatch leash makes sure it doesn't go floating away. The seat is comfortable, easy to adjust and locks solid where you need it. The XP-10 even has a built in water bottle holder.

Whoever designed this boat thought of everything. I own two other kayaks and the Remix XP-10 is by far my favorite boat.