Submitted: 04-02-2014 by koradogger

I just purchased a Wilderness Systems Ride 135. I bought is used and it is several years old, so it doesn't have the high/low seat that the newer version has. I upgraded from a Pelican Castaway. This kayak is very comfortable and stable.

One of the main features I wanted was lots of dry storage, which this kayak has. There is a large compartment in the bow that is easy to access while on the kayak. There is also a small hatch in front of the seat and another one behind the seat. I haven't done much fishing out of it yet, but I expect I will love all the room that I have in this kayak. It is stable enough to stand on as well.

I believe this model weighs approx. 70 lbs. I am a 45 year old woman and am able to load it on my SUV by myself. (However it is a bit easier if someone is there to help.) This kayak maneuvers well and moves quickly once you get it going. After about 3 strokes it starts to really glide. I am very happy with this kayak.