Submitted: 03-28-2014 by deanjunt
I've had my Axis 12.0 for a couple seasons now, and look forward to another starting soon. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we have every kind of water imaginable. I own 6 kayaks, but if it were mandated that I could have only one, the Axis 12 would be my choice. I could do anything from the open seas of Lake Superior to Class III rapids. Is it as fast as my 17-foot sea kayak? No way, but it is far faster than a 28-inch 12-foot hull has any right to be. I've paddled as much as a 20-mile day on flat water with it, and it's not too tedious.

Basically, Dagger hit a home run with this boat. Tracking is okay with the skeg up, while maneuverability is excellent -- not as good as my whitewater boat of course, but decent. Tracking with the skeg down is awesome, and the skeg itself has never clogged up on me, even when I slide through mud. This boat is well-engineered, and the hull design is a work of art and science. It's a big boat that performs beyond all expectations.