Submitted: 03-17-2014 by Ericsvb
Honest review time. Owned one for one summer, sold it, but am likely buying another. I had a couple minor complaints, but after paddling a number of other kayaks, I realized how much I really liked this one. Now I'm having seller's remorse, if that's possible. I had a rudder, which was helpful at times- particularly when paddling with a group and avoiding collisions, or when drifting downstream without paddling and using the rudder to keep from drifting sideways or off course.

One thing I noticed is that in small creeks, I got hung up on the bottom a little more than my kayaking buddies, so maybe it sits low in the water, don't know. I weigh about 165lbs. Also, I remember wishing that it was just a little bit longer, but that's probably just a personal pref, not relevant to this review...

I think my next purchase might be the Tsunami 135 although designed for ladies, I'm also small framed... I might go sit in them at the dealer...in any event, also wanted to note that I seemed to get numb legs after a couple hours, and usually didn't with other kayaks. Could be the foot pegs, could be user error. Although the rudder was nice, sometimes it's nicer to have fixed foot pegs for really aggressive paddling... There were several times I wished I didn't have the rudder, even though I'll probably get one again....thanks for reading...