Submitted: 03-14-2014 by josephpatrick
I have owned both the V10 Sport in performance layup, as well as the V8 in performance layup. The V10 Sport is more efficient than the V8 above 4.5 mph. Below 4.5 mph, the V8 is more efficient. This is due to the larger wetter surface area of the V10 Sport, yet longer waterline of the V10 Sport. Both surfskis are ergonomic and comfortable. I have never had my legs, feet, or toes fall asleep in either.

In terms of stability; on flat water or waves up to six inches high, they are about the same. But in waves any higher, the V10 Sport will require your attention, and you will not feel as relaxed as you will be in the V8. Being that I almost always kayak alone, and in waves from one to three feet high, I tend to prefer the more relaxed feel and greater stability of the V8. Ultimately, the V10 Sport is faster, but it is at the cost of less stability.

It really depends on your paddling priorities, your ability, the conditions you paddle in, your skills, and your personal preferences. Either way, Epic makes very well designed and constructed products.