Submitted: 03-14-2014 by santiago

I ordered a Lumpy Paddle because of Bill's reputation and craftsmanship. Bill went above and beyond what I expected, and was meticulous in making sure the measurements were correct for me and the type of paddling I do. My new paddle arrived just one week prior to the 300-mile Everglades Challenge.

This is my first Greenland paddle and I usually don't like taking un-tested gear on such a long trip. But after one 10-mile trial run with the paddle, I decided to take it on the EC, along with my old trusty euro blade. I ended up using the Lumpy Paddle for 85-90% of the challenge, switching paddles occasionally for variety. It worked beautifully in a wide variety of conditions. It was the best piece of equipment I carried. Despite covering 300 miles in less than six days, I had only one small blister and minimal fatigue.
Thanks Bill!