Submitted: 03-11-2014 by Rob

I purchased this kayak 2 years ago for small river paddling here in Michigan. I had two issues right out of the gate, I broke a foot pedal on the first trip out. The dealer I got it from was great about the problem. They offered to replace the pedal for free but said that I would probably have the same problem. Instead, they gave me a set of Pelican replacement foot rests and rails which I installed and had no more issues. Then the bulkhead leaked like everyone's apparently has. I managed to use some polyurethane caulk to seal it with success.

I have now taken this yak on more than a dozen trips including two overnight river trips down the AuSable River. It was able to carry me (210 lbs) and all the gear for me and my oldest son without any issue. It tracks straight and is stable enough that I can sit on top of just behind the seat back and still float down the river. The only other thing I would say is that the seat back does not offer enough support. I remedy this by putting my floatation seat between the seat back and the hull.

Overall, it has been a true value! Looking forward to ice out and a trip to Turnip Rock!