Submitted: 03-10-2014 by Tru

My paddling partner and I recently found a chance to paddle the 17 foot 6 Clipper Tripper down one of our local rivers -- nothing more than hard class 1 at it's roughest -- and we were both blown away! We are fairly amateur paddling enthusiasts and our own canoe (an 'Alouette' Fiberglass monstrosity with a very pronounced keel along the length of the hull) absolutely PALES in comparison to the speed, tracking and stability the Tripper gave us... not to mention the confidence to really push ourselves on the water and get moving. - It was a blast!

...on the river, the Tripper handled the moving water eagerly and with ease. Not once did we find ourselves concerned with the stability of the craft and were content to point and shoot our way down the length of the river.

The build quality was fantastic (I've never seen a better showing fiberglass or Kevlar canoe), the black aluminum trim and eye-catching colours really set the boat apart. The sliding tractor seat in the bow really made a difference for keeping us trim and dry in some of the rougher conditions we found ourselves in, and in the fiberglass lay-up we had the opportunity to paddle, the weight was considerably more manageable out of the water than our 15 foot 'Alouette'.

All in all it was a very eye-opening experience for us, and beyond a shadow of a doubt my next canoe purchase will be a CLIPPER.