Submitted: 03-04-2014 by robnovey
This boat will surprise you when you paddle it! It is a big boat... lots of freeboard, lots of carrying capacity... but it out paddles many narrower boats. The hull has very little rocker, so the water line is quite long, giving it a very comfortable fast-cruising speed. I wouldn't recommend it as a day paddler (the "LT" version would be better), but if you are headed out for a few days (or far longer), this boat will carry your gear without sacrificing your paddling enjoyment. It is swift, accelerates well, tracks great (no rudder needed), good initial and ultimate stability. A very predictable, comfortable, capable boat.

As for the build, I personally prefer the sheer clamp construction of this boat to the wired deck seam of most others. It is a little more forgiving and a lot less challenging. No problems with the build. Everything went together as it should. Another great CLC boat (this was my second and I'm on to my third, a C16 for my ex-wife... don't ask. LOL)