Submitted: 03-04-2014 by barbcrane

I would like to expand upon my review of 2010 of my Glide [2010-09-13]. I have had 4 paddling seasons in this yak, and still like it very much. We have paddled in lakes, tidal/salt water inland bays, and mild whitewater-up to Class 2. The boat does not always track straight through moving current and riffles but is manageable. Good stability in moving water -I have flipped it usually when grounded in shallow water with a strong current. It is easy to right and drain.

The seat is very comfortable for daylong paddles, and there is adequate storage for a dry bag in the bow. I suspect this would not be the case if I was taller with longer legs!! I do wish for amenities such as a cup holder and a sealed hatch - but this was an inexpensive yak and there are trade offs. It has held up well considering that most of our paddling is in rocky-bottomed rivers, and I have scraped and banged over ledges and rocks with little more than scratches on the hull. My Glide is light enough for me to lift into our truck on my own, although it is much easier with two of us!

Bottom line - this was a great value boat and I am still very pleased with it.