Submitted: 02-26-2014 by rayborbon

The Storm GT is a great rotomolded sea kayak. I primarily use it for fishing. This was my first sea kayak after using sit on top kayaks for two years. I found this to be a stable boat and it has a fair bit of speed to it. The rudder system works well and keeps me straight in wind or current.

The cockpit area is roomy and entry or exit are trivial. I am 5'9" 200 lbs. The hatches expose a lot of storage space that is contained by foam bulkheads. My kayak was used as a rental for several years and I had to seal one of the bulkheads with silicone.

Last week I tested the kayak in the Sol Duc River (class 3) Hatchery to Maxfield. It performed well navigating the boulder fields and shooting through the rapids. In the lake and salt water this boat performs well. The seat is comfortable but the material holding the padding is very weak in my model. I ended up duct taping the padding to the seat.

I'm considering buying the fiberglass model in the future (the Solstice model).