Submitted: 02-24-2014 by rs05652
To start out with I'm 6'4 235 and this Cuda 12 fits and carries me well. Before purchasing this boat I demo'd it along with the Native Slayer 12. Both seats were equally comfortable to me, also they were about the same in the stability department. But after that the Cuda 12 stood out in all other areas.

This boat tracks very well, glides nicely and has good speed. It turns and maneuvers good with my 240 cm (Bending Branches Angler Classic) paddle in which I highly recommend. It is very stable in the low seat position and moving it up to the high seat is less stable but could be got used to in little time. I stood up without the assist strap with seat in the low position the first time I tried and I'm no tight rope walker. I can see how standing and fishing would be easy once you got used to doing it.

I love the design of the boat. Tons of storage for rods and gear under the deck and in the dry, with multiple entry points. The tankwell is good sized and can fit a decent sized cooler with plenty of built on bungees to strap stuff down. There are molded out places to hold your rods and a rod tip protector area on the stern. There are places on each side of the seat made just right for the clear plano tackle boxes. The SEAT I will say is amazing and built well for years of use.

Comes with lots of accessories included on the 2014 model: ram rod holder for up front and 2 Ram rocket launcher rod holders for the rear, water bottle, air up lumbar support for the seat (very nice), red flag for use in larger waters where you can be more visible, mesh storage bag that mounts on rear of seat and a GoPro base mount.

I have owned and paddles several kayaks over the years and I have to say this is by far my favorite to date. Great for fishing, camping, lazy floats, you name it. Jackson is a great company that makes a fine product with strict attention to detail. I highly recommend the Jackson Cuda 12!