Submitted: 02-17-2014 by rick k

This is a really fine solo canoe. It is a great transition from kayak (Chesapeake 16) to canoe for someone, like me, getting up in years. It is reasonably stable (initial and secondary)-- certainly if you have kayaked before -- and is reasonably agile and quick. very light weight (we are talking one hand pick-up and easy two hand car topping.

The kevlar is rugged enough for my use, on the St Lucie River in Florida. Should I ever need skid plates, you can get them and put them on easily enough. Although it has a decent metal footrest for comfort and paddle stroke support, there is not much else. The seat is attached to the floor for good balance, but it is uncovered and there are few good padding options--although I use the seals pad. there is a wooden slatted back rest that works fine for me, but I may pad it soon. No accoutrements like cupholder (and I'm not about to drill a hole to make one) or even bow and stern straps.

Very good boat but not perfect. I can and do easily use a 230cm high angle kayak paddle with great success