Submitted: 12-11-2000 by Paul

I acquired an Otter on April 1,2000 and since have 32 lake and river trips run for 184 miles total. The seat was originally positioned completely rearward (against the rear of the cockpit) and with just my 150 pounds aboard the boat had a very disturbing bow-up attitude. Water was above the leaking grabhandle holes aft. I then installed "u-type" paddle holders either side outboard of the forward cockpit, and using their fixing bolts inside the hull I looped an adjustable nylon strap around the curved back portion of the seat. Now the boat can be trimmed with any crew or cargo. First I re-centered the seat on the keelson and then recentered the keelson in the boat. The factory skirt cannot now be used. I removed the rear flotation foam for a bit more cargo space and added deck rigging fore and aft. I just love the little thing. It goes completely inside my van and the doors close and it will ferry like nothing I've seen.