Submitted: 01-23-2014 by DonaldDean

I am 60 and have been a fisherman all my life but just recently got into kayak fishing. This is my first kayak so I'm a novice and really don't have any experience to compare to, but I researched the Kilroy and tried one out before buying at Ozark Mountain Trading Company near Springfield Missouri.

The Kilroy is really set up for fishing. I love the rod storage and the areas for tackle boxes. The seat is so comfortable I can fish all day. In the first models I believe Jackson had problems with the dry storage leaking, but it appears they have fixed the problem, because I have had no problems with mine.

I like the removable deck, which has areas for tackle tray storage and the fly patch. If I need to lay my rod down to paddle I lay the rod on the fly patch and it holds there very well. I like the floor in the Kilroy because it makes it easy to stand and fish.

The kayak is very stable and seams to be fairly fast through the water. The first time I used it I wasn't sure I could paddle up stream, but to my surprise I paddled upstream for about 2 miles. I am really pleased with this kayak.