Submitted: 01-15-2014 by ftcricket

I bought my Delta 15.5 Expedition two summers ago for overnight touring here in Florida. She handles big loads very well when properly balanced. While most of my kayaking is on rivers, I've had her out in some pretty big swells along the coast and also some rough surf. I stayed nice and dry with a Seals sprayskirt (don't know what the other poster's problem was) and she handled very well in quartering, beam-on, and following seas and wind.

The slightly larger cockpit opening makes it easy to get in and out when you can't find an easy launch site or want to snorkel. The extra inch in height on the Expedition model does make re-entry from deep water harder, especially in a PFD, but that just takes practice.

While not the fastest touring yak on the market, I paddle to enjoy nature not to race, so the large capacity for camping gear and the stability for photography suit my purposes. She's picked up some scratches over the past 2 years but still looks great. I know we've many more years of paddling adventures ahead of us.