Submitted: 01-08-2014 by Patrick

I purchased my Hullavator for $65 from a Thule dealer that had not been able to move it. Given the dealer didn't have a demo set up I wasn't surprised as it is quite expensive and I couldn't justify the full cost on anything I had not had a chance to try first. However, I'll try anything for $65.

I used the Hullavator to replace my 30 year old Thule kayak saddles on my old Land Cruiser. Never had an issue loading my single sea kayak with the old set up but my recent purchase of a tandem Loon made me consider different options. Glad I did.

The Hullavator works exactly as advertised. It is easy to load and lifts the kayak onto the rack with little effort. I leave it on my vehicle through the paddling season and have had zero problems with it. It is very robust and if I ever wear out the gas struts they are easily replaced with ones from my local auto parts store.