Submitted: 12-19-2013 by JP1

I have to say that I love paddling my Xcite. It's somewhat slow, but not excessively so. Handling is exemplary! It actually seems to get quicker and better handling as the water gets bumpier. I've also thought though, that it was kind of "hefty" for a 50# boat.

My issue is weight. My boat is a hardcore layup, which at the time I was purchasing was given as 50#, just a couple pounds lighter than the classic layup which was given as 52#. The hardcore was never meant to be a particularly light layup, just "a couple of pounds lighter", but tougher.

I just had the need to ship my boat, which meant weighing it for the first time. You can imagine my surprise when the boat clocked in at 63#!!! The only added accessory added is a Silva compass: not 13#.
Tiderace response is: we didn't have enough boats off the line to establish actual weight. Imagine; quoting weight of a boat for sale, without actually ever having weighed one!

I'm very disappointed. I'm not sure what I expect Tiderace to do, as the boat is a year old, but I did want to put my experience out there. Beware and weigh the boat b4 purchase, and maybe avoid Tiderace. The obviously aren't in the customer service business.