Submitted: 12-12-2013 by Mike Manske

My wife and I (age 50s) bought two Sandpipers, and just finished our second year with them. We also enjoy them with our teenage sons, numerous visitors who were novice paddlers, and our small dog. We use them in Northern Wisconsin on a chain of 28 lakes (50 acres up to 600 acres), as well as the headwaters of the Wisconsin River.

I agree with the previous reviews: the boat is beautiful, super stable, easy to use (light weight), and fun. It tracks well, is very efficient, and is even fun when we are in 1 foot+ waves out on the bigger lakes. I don't think either of us has ever even fallen out. Many of my wife's girlfriends have used the kayaks as a first time kayaking experience, and they had no trouble putting them in the lake by themselves. The only regret I have is that I bought a very nice (expensive) canoe the year before I bought the kayaks, and it never came off the garage wall last year. I recommend the Sandpiper enthusiastically, and without reservation!