Submitted: 12-01-2013 by BCTines

First, a little about me to put this review in perspective; Age 76. Experience: whitewater kayaking 2 years, flatwater 3, height 5'6", weight 180, inseam 26.

In short, I think the Delta 12s is one heck of a kayak. For us oldsters, its 38lb. weight makes it very easy to heft around and load on the rack. It a very comfortable kayak and Iíve not had to pad the seat at all. I have added hip pads and thigh brace blocks to make it easier to roll.

It paddles like you wouldn't believe for a 12-foot boat. Acceleration is good and it glides very well. In wind and chop, it needs no skeg or rudder because is tracks very well. I've grown to appreciate the day hatch in front of the cockpit. It holds all I need for a day's outing and means you don't have to clutter the deck with a bag.

I am quite impressed with the Delta's thermoforming. This boat scratches less than any other touring boat I know. The hull is quite rigid which contributes to its impressive performance for a 12-footer.

In short, I highly recommend anyone demo the Delta 12s. Especially for older folks, I think youíll enjoy not only the light weight, but also the excellent performance.