Submitted: 11-27-2013 by kayakz4me

Just want to add this bit of info to the reviews below. The Xcite possesses a unique combination of speed and maneuverability as revealed by the race results from the Dec. 4 Deception Pass Dash.

"In the 2009 Deception Pass Dash, I paddled a Tiderace Xplore to see how it would compare in speed to an NDK Explorer. There were at least six Explorers that finished that race, and the Tiderace Xplore beat the fastest of them by at over a minute (in a 5.5nm race). In the 2010 Dash, I wanted to see how the Tiderace Xcite would compare to an NDK Romany. Well the Xcite not only beat all of them (by over 8 minutes) but it was neck and neck with the fastest Explorer (of which there were at least ten that finished the race)! I really didn't expect the Xcite would be that fast. I took fifth place in the Men's Sea Kayak class (which is the biggest class in the race). In fact after the race they tried to reclassify the Xcite as a "Fast Sea Kayak" (with boats like the Epic 18X), so I had to give them the Xcite's dimensions to prove it wasn't even close to what the rules define as FSK class. BTW, I loaned my Xplore to Tim Niemeir (who had never been in one before) and he took 2nd place in Men's SK (again the Xplore beat all the Explorers). 1st place in Men's SK was Troy Husband in a CD Solstice GT with a rudder. GG."