Submitted: 10-29-2013 by Savracer

Why the rating of 7? First, I think they made a well designed and fast hull. Fit and finish of the hull and deck is excellent. But the ball was dropped on three things. The boat needs a FULL footplate if ordered with tiller bar steering and the thigh hooks are useless with your feet close together. The rudder is a nice design but I would expect a boat like this to come with a molded carbon rudder not a flexible plastic one.

The biggest problem is the seat for two reasons: One it is too small for the average person. Second, after some careful measuring I found the seat is not molded correctly. It has a molded in flaw that makes the seat curvature different on one side than the other. Only after replacing the seat did I get comfortable in this boat and begin to paddle it correctly. After changing these things I am enjoying the boat as it is much more easy to control. The addition of a pull bar on my footplate helped so well that I would recommend any high performance kayak come with one as it allows much better control of the boat.

The cockpit coaming came loose on one side which was not hard for me to fix since I have a lot of experience with composites. But considering that I did not ever try to roll the boat and did not stress the coaming, it should not have came loose from the deck.

There are good points. The hull lay up and construction is great, the hardware installation is also. The boat has surprisingly good stability for its width. The cockpit leg room would accommodate even a tall person with big feet.

Great boat. What is installed on it needs some good upgrades and the seat needs redesigning. It is fast as I have had it to almost 9 mph and I am not a little person.