Submitted: 10-18-2013 by Kevin S

I have had the Malibu Kayaks Pro 2 tandem for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. I got mine used for a steal of a deal and I believe it's the 2012 model. It has the large rectangular hatch and an 8" round hatch in the front. I paddled it solo from the back position (I think you're supposed to sit on the hatch in the middle for solo) but it did great. I paddled from the back because it was more comfortable than sitting on the hatch, and when equipped with rod holders, the rods would get in the way of my paddling from that position.

It's super stable; I was able to stand and cast as well as treat it like a paddle-board. This was a replacement for my Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 tandem (confusing name overlap) and Pro 2 is not as stable or wide as the Malibu 2. The Pro 2 is faster and comes with better in-boat storage options as well as the room for rod holders.

I also own the Malibu Mini-X and have to say that Malibu Kayaks makes some fine boats and their customer service is phenomenal (lost the bucket and basket for the hatches and they sent replacements without question and free of charge!) I highly recommend this tandem and the company as a whole.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: