Submitted: 10-14-2013 by chad19part2
I give it a 9 for South Florida. It has the low freeboard, which works great for coastal tandem paddling and poling in the sawgrasses in the Everglades. It's a very comfortable boat. I have the expedition Kevlar. Just redid gunnels, added yoke instead of center seat, etc. Speaking of the center seat I found it to be off balance, at least for me. Probably would have felt pretty nice it if had been back 6 or 8 inches.

I only rate it a 8 for South Florida. Can't say it's attributes would be good or bad in other locations. Probably wouldn't be my first choice of tandems for Tennessee, where I grew up paddling aluminum tanks. Having the shorter length 16'4 allows for pretty sold maneuvering when I kneel in the stern. We have lots of twisty creeks, and I rarely paddled with a second paddler who can/wants to paddle 20 miles a day for a week.

It does oil can, which isn't that big a deal when loaded or paddling solo from center positions. It does lose efficiency when fast cruising for race training. It's certainly no Wenonah MN II. It also feels a bit weird have more rocker in the stern than the bow. Does seem loose into 600 cfs or so, but that can be a good thing if you adapt to it and not make the boat adapt to you and your style.

It's OK solo -- very comfortable for poling, standing, fishing and short distance paddles on flat water with little to no breeze. I'll do an update in a year or so to see what else I've learned/experienced.