Submitted: 10-11-2013 by chad19part2
It's a 10-ish canoe. Not giving it that yet as I have only been out in my Magic 5 or 6 times. It's Kev-Light with Wenonah bucket seat, foot brace and aluminum trim. I'd rather have bought the black-gold, but I got it used for a song.

So far I have owned a Merlin (original in black-gold) a Merlin II in Fiberglass, a Rob Roy in glass (which I still have) a Mad River Independence and Savage River solo marathon. I live in South Florida and really like the delta hulls. It is typically 5 feet or less in depth, so maybe that's why I like the Deltas.

The Magic feels very similar to the Rob Roy hull, only it's easier to hold cruising pace. Seems a hair faster, but not a whole lot of difference when all-out paddling. At cruising and racing speeds, it's quite fast. Haven't put a GPS on it yet, but it feels great, cuts through the water very well. Also put two dogs in the bow with no gear in the stern to trim boat. It paddled pretty well to be that unbalanced, well enough to island hop along the coast. Been using a ZRE and a Kialoa outrigger paddle. I've wanted a Magic for at least 10 years. I finally have one, and plan to put several thousand miles on it.

I'll add a more thorough review when the winter tripping season is over. Should have enough experience with the boat at that point.