Submitted: 10-11-2013 by Tamas Gaba

Hi Everyone interested in buying the Innova Helios one person kayak. I am writing this review for sharing my experiences with others. The boat is about 10 feet long, not much for a longer trip. For a bigger person it could be uncomfortable, I guess. I am a little bit shorter than 6 feet, so I do feel comfy in this boat.

Getting in or out is not a big issue for me. I have made a couple of sessions in the boat and I have the two person version as well.
It is tracking well with the plastic fin, which is not included, you must pay extra for it. Without the skeg it is hard to keep the boot straight, the factory should provide one for that high price, I think. Pumping up takes me 5 minutes, putting back into its own bag another 5. I suggest that you keep dry clothes for wiping off excess water in the bag.

The boat speed is ok, you can rich about 3-5 Mph. If this kayak was slightly longer and the hull shape more similar to the Swing's it would be a faster kayak. The only negative thing is the asymmetric bottom end and front end. The result: the balance is not perfect. The kayak is leaning to the left a bit, which could be disturbing on a day trip. Maybe this was just a wrong series.