Submitted: 10-02-2013 by Larry Kohout

I purchased (2) of the Ultimate 100 Kayaks this summer and have used them primarily on flat water at the local lakes. Not into fishing but love to paddle. Got a chance to go to Erwin, TN last weekend for a white water rafting adventure so decided to take the kayaks along. Rafting Saturday the upper gorge at 700f/sec flow with many class III and class IV rapids. Lower part of the river class I and class II. Rained Saturday afternoon so Sundays lower kayak trip was much swifter than expected. Sundays flow was just under 1300f/sec. and the class I and class II water was now class III+.

For low end entry level kayaks they performed flawlessly. Don't get me wrong I had a couple of spills and spent some time in the water but the durability of these kayaks is awesome. Any kayak under 250.00 capable of navigating class III and holding up with only minor scratches is incredible. Anyone looking for a low end entry level durable kayak with incredible value will definitely find it in the Ultimate 100SE. The Chilocothy River rapids proved that.