Submitted: 09-30-2013 by ChiefPaddler
1993 Seayak - my first kayak. I bought it new in '93 in Rhode Island and began paddling all around Long Island Sound.

PROS: Responsive handling, extremely durable.
CONS: Foot peg adjustment, sprayskirt grip, kicks up spray.

This is a fantastic boat. It handles very well, responding to edging nicely. It is perfect for day trips and rock gardens. The raised hatches do kick up some spray in the chop - especially since the boat tends to punch through waves more than go over them. The hatches are small pods so storage in them is a bit tight. They have neoprene covers with plastic lids - I have replaced them 2 times in 20 years. The foot pegs are a pain to adjust, so swapping paddlers is a hassle.

I began paddling doing quite a bit of "offroad" paddling. This boat has been over more rocks and mussel beds than I care to think about. It is very tough.
#1 drawback (besides that I'm now too fat for it's 225lbs limit) is the cockpit coaming has a hard time holding the skirt on.

Given how great this boat is, I'm surprised I don't see a ton of them on the water.