Submitted: 11-30-2000 by Brian

I had heard of the Quoddy long before I paddled it. I finally got a chance this September. I had to have it! I paddle mostly on the Westport River in Massachusetts. I have been out in considerable winds, perhaps twenty knots, and found the boat a dream. It tracked very well into strong headwinds, and was so easy on me, that when I got to my put in spot, I just kept on paddling! I had a power boat pass me putting out a good wake. The driver stopped and yelled out an apollogy. I smiled answering "No problem!" I enjoyed it, even my passenger, a Pekinese dog, didn't seem to mind. I don't know if it is just my weak posture, but my only criticism is of the back rest. I haven't found a comfortable setting for it yet. I will work it out though. I have a deep yearning to be paddling in this boat! In fact I wish I had another for guests!

H2O Paddles: