Submitted: 09-23-2013 by scupper

I've used this "crossover" Dagger on a variety of waterways this past summer, mostly with the skeg retracted to improve my paddling skills, which it has. It is highly manuverable, with good tracking unless you encounter white cap wind and waves, where it's white water rocker make the upturned bow a weathercocking sail; time to drop the skeg down to assist.

Primary and secondary stability is very good, with a very comfortable adjustable seat that allows for eskimo rolls and has adequate behind the seat storage where I usually keep a foam style paddle float and rescue/tow bag, the center tunnel has bungies for a liter sized bottle.

I did add the two specific Harmony float bags in the bow and the thigh braces; the stern hatch seals well in all weather. I have other kayaks, and think the product delivers as advertised by Dagger. I would have preferred to pay a little more for a front bulkhead and hatch to make it more versatile and help reduce bow rise when loading the stern hatch compartment.

A great mutli-purpose play boat for calm or light winds that handles moderately turbulent water well

New York Kayak Co.: