Submitted: 09-23-2013 by Lukey

Got this as my first yak. Love the thing but it takes on a lot of water through the hatches and rudder holes, potential leaking on scupper holes as well. Need to bail it out every 15 minutes or so, when the hull fills with water this thing gets TIPPY!!! The hatches are a pain in the butt, takes like 7 different latches you gotta open up, then turn half way counter clockwise to unlock the hatch. All that and they still leak!!!

Also cockpit fills with water as the venturi leaks, drains well when moving fast. So if you are sitting the cockpit will fill with water. Not a cold water yak unless you like a cold butt, For Hawaii/tropical climates its fine though.

Tracks well into wind and is FAST but for some reason the front keel on mine is bent to the left, making the boat have a left turning tendency, without right rudder the thing would literally go in large circles. Not too big of an issue though, doesn't seem to add much if any drag.

When the hull isn't filled with water the stability is fine for me I am 155 lbs 6'
To access to hatches you can't reach behind you or you'll get tippy, gotta sit on the side with your legs in the water for stability.

Overall I am very pleased with this yak. If I could somehow get the hull water tight it would be perfect but we all know that never happens with leaky hatches unless you weld em shut!