Submitted: 09-22-2013 by SuzMad

Awesome kayak & concept
I purchased this kayak in tandem version 6 months ago and absolutely love it! Assembly and taking it apart took a little figuring out but after watching the instructional videos online it was easy. And it now only takes me a few minutes. This is a fast kayak. It's faster than my previous 13 foot kayak and much more comfortable. I had to sell my old kayak as I could no longer get it on the roof of my car by myself (yes I admit, I now drive an SUVů). But with the Mercury I can easily put each section in the back with lots of room to spare.

I also love that, while I most often go paddling by myself, with the Mercury I can add the second mid section and bring somebody along. Which I have done several times. I also want to mention the special rudder on this kayak. The end part of the hull moves and with the skeg that drops down from inside the rudder it is much more efficient than the deck mounted rudder on my old kayak. Why has nobody thought about this before?

The kayak also looks amazing and whenever I hit the water other kayakers turn their heads. When they see me taking it apart and loading it in the back of my car, now that's a conversation starter!!! I have used the kayak extensively this spring and summer and it still looks brand new.